- 09-Feb-2017 to 31-Dec-2017 (EST)
- Process Safety Services
- Oak Ridge, TN, USA
- To Be Determined
- Full Time
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) is currently seeking a mid to senior level chemical engineer to perform Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) / Safety Integrity Level (SIL) verification services in petroleum refining, petrochemical plants, and chemical plants. PROCESS' process safety consulting services group is headquartered in Oak Ridge, TN. Candidates must have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Process controls, including programming logic in DCS systems (familiarity with DCS systems from multiple manufacturers is a plus)
- Implementing ISA standard 84.01 in a chemical plant or petroleum refinery
- Performing SIL verification calculations
- Performing field functional testing of interlock systems
- Performing PHAs and LOPAs
- Sizing pressure relief devices, while not a requirement, is a plus
- Certified Functional Safety Expert (CSFE), or equivalent, while not a requirement, is a plus.
Assignments may also include developing process safety information (e.g., safe operating limits, P&IDs, PFDs, maximum intended inventories), performing PSM / RMP compliance audits, developing operating procedures and training materials, etc. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 15 years of total professional experience with at least 10 years of experience in the above-mentioned areas. Candidates must be willing to travel as assignments, both domestic and international, will require some work on site. Duties will require significant travel (50% or more) both within the U.S. and to international plant sites. Prior plant operations experience is a plus but not required. An outgoing, self-motivated personality is a requirement. Strong communication skills (both written and oral) are essential. Pay rate will be based on qualifications and experience. Interested candidates should submit resumes through our website in MS Word or PDF format with subject line: Lead SIS/SIL Verification Engineer.